The most powerful force on earth and the heavens is the Voice of the Lord; through His words- the words that God spoke He created all that was made in 6 days! As people made in His image we are also called to bring life through God’s word being spoken. God’s way of bringing life to dead places, “dead” people, and dead areas of your life is to call them alive before they are manifesting life. It is what the angel of the Lord did to a “dead” leader named Gideon. He called him a great leader before he was a great leader.
This truth is reinforced by a phrase in Joel 3:10 – “Let the weak say I am strong.” It does not say that the weak is to wait for someone else to come up to them and say they are strong, but the weak is actually to speak over himself that he is strong. He is not to deny his experience, but he is just not to agree with it. He is to agree with God’s Word, not his past. He is to prophesy over himself because “faith comes by hearing” (Romans 10:17). What we hear over and over, we will start believing. It is one of God’s main ways for us to demolish negative strongholds and establish new, positive ones.
Remember this: Faith is the evidence of things not seen (Heb 11:1). God’s promises, not our circumstances, are our evidence of what is really true. We don’t deny negative facts in our lives, but we choose to focus on a higher reality: God’s truth. Faith indeed comes by hearing (Romans 10:17); therefore, we choose to speak these powerful truths to build our own faith. By doing so, we believe that our experience will catch up to our beliefs, as Romans 12:2 teaches us.
So here is some confessions based on the word the Lord gave as based in “GOD SAID 2013” that I believe is crucial to be released over our lives for 2013. Speak it daily in your prayer time over yourself and see how your level of faith will rise as you confess the Word of God over you and your family!
- I set the course of my life with my words (James 3:2-5; Proverbs 18:21).
- I take my place in the Army of God, Here I am Lord send me. I am anointed and I take my stand!
- I am restored in Christ my soul, my finances, my faith, my energy is restored.
- God is on my side; therefore I cannot be defeated (Romans 8:37; Psalm 91; Philippians 4:13).
- I am the head, not the tail. I have insight. I have wisdom. I have ideas and divine strategies. I have authority (Deuteronomy 28:13; Deuteronomy 8:18; James 1:5-8; Luke 10:19).
- My family and I are protected from disasters, disease, divorce, adultery, poverty, false accusation, foolish decisions and all accidents (Psalm 91).
- As Abraham did, I speak God’s promises over my life so that my faith is strengthened to possess all of God’s promises (Romans 4:17-23).
- I have a sound mind. I think the right thoughts, say the right words, and make the right decisions in every situation I face (2 Timothy 1:7).
- I expect to have powerful, divine appointments today to heal the sick, raise the dead, prophesy life, lead people to Christ, bring deliverance, release signs and wonders, and bless every place I go (the book of Acts).
- I expect today have a year of tremendous success spiritually, emotionally, relationally, and financially in Jesus’ name (Romans 15:13).
- I say to this day, “You are blessed.” And I declare that I serve a mighty God who will do exceedingly and abundantly beyond all that I can ask or think (Ephesians 3:20). You are a good God and I eagerly anticipate your goodness in 2013.
* Some extracts from the book of Steve Backlund Declarations